Thursday, May 22, 2008

me me meme

I think this is my first time being tagged with a meme - tekeal at Livia the Great got me, I'm it - ooh blogging fun!

What I was doing 10 years ago:

Just beginning my land surveying career in Seattle, making 8 bucks an hour to walk around the woods and people's backyards looking for property corners and such.

5 things on my "to-do" list today: (actually yesterday, I had to go to bed before I finished)

1. Take out the BULK trash - we love bulk trash day here. Buh-bye, nineteen-seventy-something stove!
2. Meet with PA State Senator Jake Corman and let him know the concerns of the Centre County Down Syndrome Society.
3. Meet with the Mid-State Chapter of the Pennsylvania Society of Land Surveyors, and take notes - I somehow got myself into being the new secretary. Time to bone up on Robert's Rules of Order...
4. Stop by work and check on a few things - wait, I took the week off, what the heck am I thinking?!?
5. Enjoy Lili being pretty much back to her normal self two days after having her tonsils & adenoids out - woo hoo!

Bad habits:

Staying up way too late lurking on blogs - procrastinating - not doing something because I don't think it will come out perfectly - procrastinating - did i mention putting stuff off? - being defensive - per. fec. tion. ism. wait a sec, tekeal, did you write my bad habits instead of yours?

5 places I've lived:

Ambler, PA - grew up
Lewisburg, PA - went to college for a while
Seattle, WA - found myself, fell in love
Philadelphia, PA - got my responsibility on
Pine Grove Mills, PA - here I am!

5 jobs that I've had:

That guy that you buy popcorn from at the movie theater - "Theater Attendant"
That guy that stuffs your butt into the ski lift chair - "Lift Operator"
That guy standing out in the middle of the street with the funny looking pole - "Survey Technician"
That guy standing by the side of the road looking through a funny looking 'camera' (no, it's not a camera, and no, I can't take your picture) - "Associate Surveyor"
That guy pestering anyone he can to make sure his daughter has every opportunity to succeed in life - "Dad"

4 people I want to know more about:

Tara Marie at Emma Sage
Emily at Hamula Family
Emily Elizabeth at Lovely and Amazing
Amy at Life According to Emma & Joe

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1)Yes, it was a free zoo. In fact they just asked our legislature for 10 million dollars for maintence and improvements. Amount awarded - 0 dollars.
2)I went to college in Olympia.
3)I know what a land surveyor is.
4)Ok, I'll play :)

Emily said...

Thanks for the tag and I hope that Liliena is OK after her surgery, I have heard that some kiddos have a really rough time after that one!

Anonymous said...

What fun to see your bio from your point of view!
Give a big hug to Lili, and I'm looking forward to seeing you-all AND Aunt Kathy!!! at the Buddy Walk on Saturday!

be well! lots of love from Grandma Marian